Role Of Advertising In Motivating Consumer Brand Preference For Beverages In Enugu Metropolis
This research work was designed to investigate the extent to which advertising influence consumers purchase decision on the Bournvita brand. To solve the research problem, both primary and secondary data where collected and the research instrument used in collecting the data were questionnaire and oral interview. The respondents comprised of dealers and consumers of Bournvita brand. TO PLACE AN ORDER FOR THE COMPLETE PROJECT MATERIAL, pay N3, 000 to: BANK NAME: FIRST BANK ACCOUNT NAME: OKEKE CHARLES OBINNA ACCOUNT NUMBER: 3108050531 After payment, text the name of the project, email address and your
names to 08064502337
TO PLACE AN ORDER FOR THE COMPLETE PROJECT MATERIAL, pay N3, 000 to:
BANK NAME: FIRST BANK
ACCOUNT NAME: OKEKE CHARLES OBINNA
ACCOUNT NUMBER: 3108050531
After payment, text the name of the project, email address and your names to 08064502337
In organizing and presenting data collected, tables and percentages were used. The various hypotheses were tested using the chi-square.
Date analysis and interpretation gave the following findings:
- Consumers choice of beverage brand can be attitude to advertising
- The quality of a product affects consumers in the choice of the beverage brand.
- Price is a major factor that influenced consumer of beverage products to prefer one brand of beverage to another.
Based on findings, the researcher recommends that;
- The beverage producers should understand research of raw materials an efficient channel of distribution so as to always offer their products of reasonable quality and price to consumers.
- Making intensive and adequate use of promotional mix especially advertising, to make their marketing activities more efficient and effective.
iii. Producers of beverage products should identify the factors that are responsible as their brand choice and adopt total products concepts in marketing of their products, rather than engaging in costly advertising.
The conclusion is that advertising is an important promotional tool for effective marketing of any mass produced consumer, produces/offerings in a competitive market environment.
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
Marketing is the all important set of creative human activities aimed at identifying, anticipating and satisfying human needs and wants through exchange as efficiently and as effectively as possible (Adirika, 1990:3).
It concept is a philosophy of business which states that the customer want satisfaction is the economic and social justification for a firm to be in existence. However, no matter how a product completely meets the requirements of the consumer, its existence has to be made known to the consumers, hence the need for advertising which serves as a tool for creating awareness.
Equally, the multiplication of beverage producing companies implies that for a firm in the industry to survive, grow or improve its market share, it must gear its energies towards some form of high quality product development, fair pricing, effective promotional activities and wide distribution network. Besides competitors, the growth of this industry creates other problems which include that by presenting a variety of choice to the customers, the management of the company faces the problem of identifying which of these varieties exert greatest influence on customers preference for one brand of beverage product over the other. This has led to the policy of most companies, marketing department investing so heavily on advertising as the surest means of reaching their target markets. Nigerian businessman always disregard the role of advertising the business because of their pursuit for quick money and profits, they often erroneously regard advertising expenditure as money wasted. This is unfortunate indeed, advertising is perhaps the most effectively way of communicating with customers and the general public. Through advertising, a company communicates the information a consumer needs to evaluate a product or the ability of the company to offer a product or service.
As a matter of fact, the best way to kill a bad product is to advertise the named product (Adirika, 1996:106). Advertising can be inform of newspapers and magazine, direct-mail trade exhibitions, television, radio, catalogues and product demonstration.
Following the increase in the competitive nature of the market environment in the Nigeria today, many companies are found in the line of beverages production. One of such company’s who strategically becomes the leading name in beverage market is CADBURY Nigeria PLC who builds its firm on vitality and delicious goodness of its good beverage. The extra flavour of its products the company’s operations in Nigeria were initially continued to the selling of imported chocolate products in the major urban areas. This was before 1965 when Cadbury Nigeria Plc operated as the registered Nigeria sale office for Cadbury fry expert limited. However, the introduction of the coco beverage, pronto, and later the well popularly known malt beverage. BOURNVITA between 1956 and 1969 enable the company penetrate the indigenous market. The increase in turnover instified first, the local packaging of these products and subsequently the full manufacture of BOURNVITA in the company manufacture and market their product through network of wholesale distributor located in various parts the market place.
They equally make a lot of expenses as a result of carrying out promotional strategies for their product. One of such promotional mix which they make us of is advertising which demands from the management a huge amount of money yearly. Advertising is a group of activities involved in presenting to people message regarding a product service or idea in a non-personal form by an identified sponsor. Its main task is to communicate effectively so as to establish awareness if create favourite attitude to and stimulate demand for a product or service among potential customers. It should therefore be informative, instructive, persuasive and relevant to consumers needs. It should also appeal to the emotional instincts in some discerning ways from similar products of the same or other companies. In the marketing of beverages, branding enhancing product identification, which in turn facilitates marketing action and demand stimulation. It helps for effective advertising and market control. The search for this study involves investigating consumer brand recantation, brand preference, brand acceptance and brand insistence of the brand of selected beverage BOURNVITA.
finally, the role of advertising in motivating consumer play a major role in beverage industries unlike other promotional mix which include personal selling, public relation/publicity and sales promotion. Some consumers are being moved by the nature of advertisement of a particular product irrespective of the price attached to it.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
In any competitive marketing environment such as ours, a marketing manger s often faced with the problems of how to determine in nature of demand of his products or service in a given market segment, how to determine the factor responsible for the variations in the demand pattern. Management of Bournvita producing company in Nigeria is faced with the problem of not only identifying suitable strategies to better their competitors but also how to determine the strength of the contributions of various components of the promotional mix variables for the purpose of stimulating demand of their product brand. This has equally led to different company’s budgetary allocation to and policy emphasis on different components of the promotional mix. The pertinent questions that come to mind include:
Is the large sum of money invested in advertising of Bournvita product justifies? Why does advertising of Bournvita arouse of Behaviour that would otherwise not be displayed by the consumers, thus disposing him towards the advertised product?
Specifically, it has become necessary to determine:
- Why the consumption of Bournvita is being seriously influenced by its advertising as against other factors (availability of the product quality, price and positioning strategy of the product).
- The strength of advertising related to these others factors in influencing the consumer to Bournvita brand of beverage over the other. Answer to these and some other related questions constitute the central task of this research work.
- OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
This study therefore, seeks to examine the market acceptance of Bournvita in Enugu metropolis with a view to establishing the extent to which consumer’s preference of Bournvita over other brands of beverages can be attributed to advertising.
Therefore, the objectives of this study are:
- To determine whether advertising appeals or themes are to reason why consumers prefer bournvita to other brand of beverages in Enugu Metropolis.
- To determine the extent to which consumption of the Bournvita product is being influenced by the advertising in Enugu Metropolis.
- To determine the strength of advertising relative to their other factors in motivating consumer awareness of Bournvita in Enugu Metropolis.
- To suggest ways of improving advertising campaign strategy for beverage product marketing to be more effective, with special emphasis on Bournvita Enugu metropolis.
- To determine whether Bournvita advertising leads to an increase in profit maximization by Cadbury Nigeria Plc Company.
1.4 FORMULATION OF HYPOTHESES
The following hypotheses will be tested.
- Ho1 Advertising does not create awareness of Bournvita in Enugu Metropolis.
H1: Advertising creates awareness of Bournvita in Enugu Metropolis.
- Ho2 Consumer brand preference for Bournvita product in Enugu Metropolis is not influenced by exposure to advertising message.
H12: consumer brand preference for Bournvita product in Enugu Metropolis is influenced by exposure to advertising message.
- Ho3: There is no signification relationship between the advertising of Bournvita in Enugu Metropolis and sales it.
H13: There is signification relationship between the advertising of Bournvita in Enugu Metropolis and sales it.
- Ho4: Advertising does not lead to profit maximization in the sale of Bournvita by CADBURY Nigeria Plc Company in Enugu Metropolis.
H14: Advertising leads to profit maximization in the sale of Bournvita by CADBURY Nigeria Plc Company in Enugu Metropolis.
1.5 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
It is intended that the result of this study will help the CADURY Nigeria plc in the following ways:
- To help the consumers ascertain the quality of the product and the benefit derived in consuming the product.
- To be in the position make their product to meet the needs and wants of their customers.
- It will facilitate the work of other people mostly researchers who may in one way or the other engage in a similar research in future.
- The reader will also benefit from this work as a help or guide to them in building their own study when carrying out the academic research.
1.6 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
This study is a study with regard to the role of advertising in motivating consumer brand preference for beverages by CADBURY Nigeria Plc. Due to the size and spread of the company, the study is initiated only to the consumers of Bournvita of in Enugu Metropolis.
1.7 DEFINITION OF TERMS
Advertising:– It is an impersonal form of communication or presentation of goods, Ideas or services conducted through paid media under open or identified sponsorship (Adirika, Ebue and Nnolim, 1996:106).
Consumer Products: They are those products used by the final consumers that are not industrial products (Ozo 2002:120).
Branding: It a name, logo, slogan, and or design scheme associated with a particular product or service.
(Adirika & Ebue, 2007:165).
Brand Preference: Is a situation where the consumer selected a particular product that will satisfy his needs and wants
Consumer Behaviour: It is whatever the consumer does overtly (visibly or outside the mind) or covertly (in the mind) in the process of satisfying his needs and wants (Ozo, 2002:9
Role Of Advertising In Motivating Consumer Brand Preference For Beverages
———–THIS ARTICLE IS NOT COMPLETE————
To purchase complete Project Material, Pay the sum of N3, 000 to our bank accounts below:
BANK NAME: FIRST BANK
ACCOUNT NAME: OKEKE CHARLES OBINNA
ACCOUNT NUMBER: 3108050531
BANK NAME: FCMB BANK
ACCOUNT NAME: OKEKE CHARLES OBINNA
ACCOUNT NUMBER: 1475680026
After paying the sum of N3, 000 into any of our bank accounts, send the below details to our Phone: 08064502337
- Your Depositors Name
- Teller Number
- Amount Paid
- Project Topic
- Your Email Address
Send the above details to: 08064502337 on/before 24hours of payment. We will send your complete project materials to your email 30 Mins after payment.
bravoprojecthelp.com will only provide papers as a
reference for your research. The papers ordered and produced should be
used as a guide or framework for your own paper. It is the aim of
bravoprojecthelp.com to only provide guidance by which the paper should be
pursued. We are neither encouraging any form of plagiarism nor are we
advocating the use of the papers produced herein for